This is where my latest work can be seen including step-by-step progress reports, news and merchandising as well as features on artists, living and dead who I would like to draw people's attention to. Please note all my images are covered by International Copyright laws. Copyright to other artists images resides with the artist or their estate, their inclusion on this blog a result of my missionary zeal and to no profit for myself!

Tuesday 15 November 2022

Daphne - stage 1


 Initial tonal underpainting for "Daphne", a painting that wasn't in my plans but it seems it wanted to be painted so here goes. Head not sorted yet, basically winging it from an initial Midjourney piece shown at the bottom of this post.

My next painting was meant to be a figurative picture based on reference photos I took last week of my usual model Naomi Wood of Hecate Greek goddess of The Underworld but I was trying some things out on Midjourney for it and accumulated quite a few useful images but not that applicable to the painting I'm planning. The one below suggested a fleeing figure on the left which triggered the idea for this painting as well as trying to see if I can paint a blue over some of it like in the MJ piece.

Colours used for underpainting: Transparent Oxide Red and Dioxazine Purple.

Oil on fine cotton 16" x 12".

No comments:

Post a Comment