This is where my latest work can be seen including step-by-step progress reports, news and merchandising as well as features on artists, living and dead who I would like to draw people's attention to. Please note all my images are covered by International Copyright laws. Copyright to other artists images resides with the artist or their estate, their inclusion on this blog a result of my missionary zeal and to no profit for myself!

Monday 10 December 2018

Ronda - stage 1

First stage of a new small painting called "Ronda" (working title) with which I'm trying out my mantra "lose edges and join shapes!" In my mind's eye this one is going to be very moody with a dark sky and low sunlight hitting some of the buildings. Before tomorrow's session I'm going to rub a thin wash over all the sky and buildings which I will do later tonight when the under drawing is pretty dry. I will fix the church tower later in the painting!
This stage was "drawn" up using a small bristle brush and later a rag with a mix of Burnt Sienna and Winsor Violet thinned with Liquin.

No comments:

Post a Comment