This is where my latest work can be seen including step-by-step progress reports, news and merchandising as well as features on artists, living and dead who I would like to draw people's attention to. Please note all my images are covered by International Copyright laws. Copyright to other artists images resides with the artist or their estate, their inclusion on this blog a result of my missionary zeal and to no profit for myself!

Friday 28 December 2018

Kingley Vale

Another painting carrying on with applying the mantras "Lose Edges! Join Shapes!" and "It's The Painting Not The Place" this one is of Kingly Vale in West Sussex. I am trying to avoid the Picturesque so that the painting is more of the focus than the place itself as I have chosen a pretty ordinary location and what I'm trying to make more important is the design and paint application. The placement and space occupied by the clouds hopefully gives it a slightly surreal quality and hopefully I am working out how to bring out the abstract aspects of colour and composition above a merely topographical description of a landscape - it's early days yet!
Oil on linen 16" x 12".
There is a short step-by-step progress through this painting in previous posts on this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment