This is where my latest work can be seen including step-by-step progress reports, news and merchandising as well as features on artists, living and dead who I would like to draw people's attention to. Please note all my images are covered by International Copyright laws. Copyright to other artists images resides with the artist or their estate, their inclusion on this blog a result of my missionary zeal and to no profit for myself!

Wednesday 19 December 2018

Birling - stage 2

First colour pass and it would be tempting to pretty much leave it as it is but it isn't the look I'm aiming for. Although it is already summery-looking it is also ordinary and too photographic-looking so I will carry on tomorrow with what I intend to do with it - dark foreground, light background.
Colours used for the sky; Kings Blue Light, Ultramarine Blue, Permanent Orange, Zinc White and Lemon Yellow. The clouds were painted with a mix of Unbleached Titanium, Lemon Yellow and Zinc White - all colours Michael Harding.
The trees and landscape are a mix of Permanent Sap Green and Burnt Sienna.

No comments:

Post a Comment