This is where my latest work can be seen including step-by-step progress reports, news and merchandising as well as features on artists, living and dead who I would like to draw people's attention to. Please note all my images are covered by International Copyright laws. Copyright to other artists images resides with the artist or their estate, their inclusion on this blog a result of my missionary zeal and to no profit for myself!

Tuesday 20 November 2018

Cloudscape 6

This one was instigated a few nights ago on the way home when I saw white clouds in the sky as the light had faded pretty much to night. I thought an Orientalist setting might suit it and then realised that I had Orientalist architecture on my doorstep, Brighton Pavilion. I chose an orange/blue complementary with just a touch of orange/yellow in a couple of windows to offset the predominately blue sky using a warm tonal underpainting in the first stage.
The blues were mixes of Kings Blue Light, Prussian Blue and Permanent Orange and the "black" was a mix of Prussian Blue and Permanent Orange. A tiny touch of Cadmium Yellow was painted in the window, all colours Michael Harding.
Oil on linen 16" x 12".
There is a short progress through this painting in previous posts on this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment