This is where my latest work can be seen including step-by-step progress reports, news and merchandising as well as features on artists, living and dead who I would like to draw people's attention to. Please note all my images are covered by International Copyright laws. Copyright to other artists images resides with the artist or their estate, their inclusion on this blog a result of my missionary zeal and to no profit for myself!

Sunday 11 November 2018

Cloudscape 4

I might actually title this "Wish You Were Here" even though I have used the title before. For this one I wanted to work in a very limited palette keeping it dark and moody so I used mostly desaturated colours. I chose to locate it on the Brighton and Hove seafront near to where I live with an advertising ice cream cone, normally associated with happy times, set against a lowering sky and deserted seafront path. My dark sense of humour coming out a bit on this one! 
Keeping the colours desaturated I have kept them within a warm grey framework, no black being used and with Unbleached Titanium acting as the white. Mixes of Burnt Umber, Van Dyke Brown, Burnt Sienna, Indigo, Zinc White and Lemon Yellow were used for all the warm brown/greys - a mix of Michael Harding and Winsor & Newton colours.
Oil on linen 16" x 12". 
A step-by-step short progress of this painting is in previous posts on this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment