This is where my latest work can be seen including step-by-step progress reports, news and merchandising as well as features on artists, living and dead who I would like to draw people's attention to. Please note all my images are covered by International Copyright laws. Copyright to other artists images resides with the artist or their estate, their inclusion on this blog a result of my missionary zeal and to no profit for myself!

Tuesday 4 April 2017

The Exit To San Breta - stage 9

Just darkened the overhead clouds a bit with a semi-opaque mix of Indanthrene Blue, Kings Blue Light and Permanent Orange, made the sky slightly darker at left and I reckon the sky is now about finished. I wanted this certain stage of late dusk just before night properly descends when there is still some light in the sky. I then started to work on the transition of the road from the pockmarked foreground to the more pristine surface nearer the gas station, my idea for the lighting is now becoming apparent with the artificially lit gas station at left contrasting with the dusk landscape, blue and orange - a favourite complementary combination.
I then made a start on the nearest road sign using a mix of manganese Violet and Genuine Chinese Vermilion making sure that it looks a bit distressed.

No comments:

Post a Comment