This is where my latest work can be seen including step-by-step progress reports, news and merchandising as well as features on artists, living and dead who I would like to draw people's attention to. Please note all my images are covered by International Copyright laws. Copyright to other artists images resides with the artist or their estate, their inclusion on this blog a result of my missionary zeal and to no profit for myself!

Saturday 29 April 2017

Here Comes The Rain - stages 1 to 3

This is the second nocturne in the short series, this one concentrating mainly on the sky. The colours are based around mixes of Kings Blue Light, Phthalocyanine Turquoise, Phthalocyanine Blue, Lead Tin Yellow Lemon, Warm White and Permanent Orange to knock back the saturation. The model is the lovely Ruth Netania from some photos I had taken of her a couple of years ago. I have approached this picture with a mind to finishing it in just a couple of sessions although I suspect that it won't be finished until I return to the studio on Wednesday after I leave tomorrow morning.
The first stage was "drawn" up with a small bristle brush and a rag using a mix of Ultramarine Violet and Permanent Orange thinned with Liquin and turpentine.
The second stage was a basic layer of paint to establish the shapes in the clouds to be a general tonal underpainting using Lukas Number 5 Medium in the clouds in the morning session so that it was dry for the afternoon session of stage three when I started to define the tones and shapes more in the sky.







No comments:

Post a Comment