This is where my latest work can be seen including step-by-step progress reports, news and merchandising as well as features on artists, living and dead who I would like to draw people's attention to. Please note all my images are covered by International Copyright laws. Copyright to other artists images resides with the artist or their estate, their inclusion on this blog a result of my missionary zeal and to no profit for myself!

Wednesday 19 April 2017

Midnight Bay - stages 1 & 2

After the relative complexity of recent work I have resolved to paint three simple nocturnes as a change of pace. I am working larger than I normally would paint a picture like this as I am now more used to it and not so intimidated by a larger size like I used to be. It will be a relatively monochromatic picture, the colours and tones being mixes of variations of blue/green and red/oranges.
The first stage was "drawn" up with a small bristle brush and rag using a mix of Ultramarine Violet and Winsor Violet thinned with Liquin and turpentine.
The second stage was blocked in with varying mixes of Kings Blue Light, Ultramarine Blue, Winsor Green, Emerald Green, Permanent Orange, Lemon Yellow and Warm White.


No comments:

Post a Comment