This is where my latest work can be seen including step-by-step progress reports, news and merchandising as well as features on artists, living and dead who I would like to draw people's attention to. Please note all my images are covered by International Copyright laws. Copyright to other artists images resides with the artist or their estate, their inclusion on this blog a result of my missionary zeal and to no profit for myself!

Tuesday 16 February 2016

The Lost Cathedral - stage 3

I forgot to mention yesterday that there is also a Debussy reference to the title as I had the title of one of his pieces, "The Engulfed Cathedral" in the back of my mind when thinking about this picture.
It was a nice bright day in my studio today so I was able to get in a colour underpainting finished based around a red/orange - blue/green colour complementary. I have kept the values away from being too light as I intend to paint in the snow with opaque mixes on top of middle/dark values.

No comments:

Post a Comment