This is where my latest work can be seen including step-by-step progress reports, news and merchandising as well as features on artists, living and dead who I would like to draw people's attention to. Please note all my images are covered by International Copyright laws. Copyright to other artists images resides with the artist or their estate, their inclusion on this blog a result of my missionary zeal and to no profit for myself!

Tuesday 15 December 2015

Babworth

This was a private commission for some friends that got married in this church on a beautiful Summer day with a clear blue sky and wanted this painting to be a memory of that special day. The church is in the village of Babworth near the town of Retford in Nottinghamshire in the UK and has connections to the Pilgrim Fathers.
I tried to resist my usual temptation of giving it a slightly sinister, slightly surreal look and tried to make it look as happy as I am able...which I hope I have achieved, they haven't seen it yet! I wanted to have some white Summer clouds in the sky to break up the blue but they insist it was a cloudless day; I set the clock to 2.00, the time that they were married.
Oil on canvas 27 1/2" x 27 1/2". There is a step-by-step progress through this painting in previous posts on this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment