This is where my latest work can be seen including step-by-step progress reports, news and merchandising as well as features on artists, living and dead who I would like to draw people's attention to. Please note all my images are covered by International Copyright laws. Copyright to other artists images resides with the artist or their estate, their inclusion on this blog a result of my missionary zeal and to no profit for myself!

Saturday 12 December 2015

Babworth - stage 10

Painted in the lights by the steps and then made a start on the dappled sunlight in the foreground. I don't want the colours of the painting to be too cold so I might have to warm up the sky and church with a light yellow glaze but I will do that at the end. The dappled sunlight will be based around a cold light/warm shadows combination but I still want the whole foreground to be on the warm side keeping the church as the focus of the picture by making sure that the light areas in the foreground don't distract by being not as bright as the church.

No comments:

Post a Comment