This is where my latest work can be seen including step-by-step progress reports, news and merchandising as well as features on artists, living and dead who I would like to draw people's attention to. Please note all my images are covered by International Copyright laws. Copyright to other artists images resides with the artist or their estate, their inclusion on this blog a result of my missionary zeal and to no profit for myself!

Monday 5 January 2015

Talking Dolls

This mad building is located near the previous painting "Topless" in a run-down area on the outskirts of Detroit. It is quite a long building covered in brash colours and typography, I chose this end as I liked the words "Talking Dolls" which I thought would make a great title too. This was quite difficult to paint as I had many colours to try and get to work together as well as all the typography to put in; I thought the best way of dealing with it would be to break it up by having shadows of trees from the low sun projected onto it. This broke up the lines and potentially distracting solid areas of colour and gave prominence to "Talking Dolls" as being the only words fully in the light. To make the building look illuminated by a low afternoon sun I painted the sky quite dark keeping the turquoise a bit neutralised by adding some orange so that the bright colours on the building could "sing" against it. Oil on linen 20" x 16". There is a step-by-step progress through this painting on earlier posts on this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment