This is where my latest work can be seen including step-by-step progress reports, news and merchandising as well as features on artists, living and dead who I would like to draw people's attention to. Please note all my images are covered by International Copyright laws. Copyright to other artists images resides with the artist or their estate, their inclusion on this blog a result of my missionary zeal and to no profit for myself!

Friday 9 January 2015

Michigan Red - stage 4

Couldn't get on with all the sky as the top right corner was still wet this morning; I like to get the sky finished early as it sets the light and tone for the rest of the painting. I am trying to have the whole picture hanging off the red of the shutters so I am carefully keeping all the other colours relatively desaturated so that the red really "sings" out. There will be another small area of strong red just to the right of the building as there was a red fire hydrant placed there.

No comments:

Post a Comment