This is where my latest work can be seen including step-by-step progress reports, news and merchandising as well as features on artists, living and dead who I would like to draw people's attention to. Please note all my images are covered by International Copyright laws. Copyright to other artists images resides with the artist or their estate, their inclusion on this blog a result of my missionary zeal and to no profit for myself!

Wednesday 14 January 2015

Dome Of The Assassin - stage 1

Time to do a painting for Illuxcon. A small figure creeps across the roof of an oriental palace towards a dome, maybe to make his escape maybe towards his quarry but either way this is an assassin sent to kill the Emir. It is set on a moonlit night the background all in blues, an orange light illuminates the side of the dome and casts a long shadow from the stealthy figure over the rooftop. I first "drew" it up using an old small bristle brush with a mix of Burnt Sienna and Winsor Violet (Dioxazine) thinned with Liquin and then using a rag with the same mix thinned with turpentine a tonal underpainting was painted ready for the first application of colour tomorrow.


No comments:

Post a Comment