This is where my latest work can be seen including step-by-step progress reports, news and merchandising as well as features on artists, living and dead who I would like to draw people's attention to. Please note all my images are covered by International Copyright laws. Copyright to other artists images resides with the artist or their estate, their inclusion on this blog a result of my missionary zeal and to no profit for myself!

Friday 25 July 2014

Rusting Boat, Newhaven

Vis a vis yesterday's plein air painting trip to Newhaven, here are a couple of photo's showing the progress through the picture and indeed what we were looking at to paint. The first shows it after I have completed the initial wash-in and then the painting in of the sky and background buildings. The second shows it when I am starting to paint the foreground boat. You might be able to tell from the first photo how I have altered the background buildings to get a better composition and then understand my decision to knock them back and simplify them so that the focus of the painting is the boat.

No comments:

Post a Comment