This is where my latest work can be seen including step-by-step progress reports, news and merchandising as well as features on artists, living and dead who I would like to draw people's attention to. Please note all my images are covered by International Copyright laws. Copyright to other artists images resides with the artist or their estate, their inclusion on this blog a result of my missionary zeal and to no profit for myself!

Thursday 10 July 2014

Lonely Street - stage 2

As this picture will be very much about light and shade I decided to put a wash over the whole painting of a mix of Burnt Sienna and Transparent Maroon thinned with Liquin and turpentine. I did this as I want to design the painting around pools of light set against areas of shade as well as the focal point of the red wall. I can now establish early on where the light areas will be for a strong but simple design within a potentially complicated picture. The rest of the day was spent repainting part of an earlier picture called "Mermaid's Storm" as I was not happy with it and felt it needed rescuing if it is to be taken to Illuxcon.

No comments:

Post a Comment