This is where my latest work can be seen including step-by-step progress reports, news and merchandising as well as features on artists, living and dead who I would like to draw people's attention to. Please note all my images are covered by International Copyright laws. Copyright to other artists images resides with the artist or their estate, their inclusion on this blog a result of my missionary zeal and to no profit for myself!

Saturday 12 July 2014

Lonely Street - stage 4

As the picture is based on a red/green complementary colour axis I decided to put some green into the sky (the nearest colour to blue) as well as the shadows and distant buildings. This should emphasise the red colours in the wall. There is a building in the distance that I want to be brightly lit as a symbol of the distance both geographically and monetarily that there is between Lonely Street and the prosperous city far away. I have also decided to make the light in the subway exit/entrance much colder so that it stays nearer to the red/green colour scheme. I will be away from the studio today, back on Monday so there will be no further work on this painting until Tuesday unfortunately.

No comments:

Post a Comment