This is where my latest work can be seen including step-by-step progress reports, news and merchandising as well as features on artists, living and dead who I would like to draw people's attention to. Please note all my images are covered by International Copyright laws. Copyright to other artists images resides with the artist or their estate, their inclusion on this blog a result of my missionary zeal and to no profit for myself!

Sunday 16 February 2014

Siren's Cove - stage 1

Using the same format as "Pool Of The Naiad" this one is of a mermaid lying on a rock with her lyre who has just spotted a ship approaching her cove. I am setting it at dusk so the colours will be variations on blues, violets, pinks and a touch or two of green and turquoise. I don't want it to go too dark and intend to keep the values in the middle range with the strong design and romantic colouring giving it visual interest, I don't envisage any bright highlights or deep shadow. This stage was washed in with a rag using Burnt Sienna and Dioxazine Purple thinned with turpentine and Liquin.

No comments:

Post a Comment