This is where my latest work can be seen including step-by-step progress reports, news and merchandising as well as features on artists, living and dead who I would like to draw people's attention to. Please note all my images are covered by International Copyright laws. Copyright to other artists images resides with the artist or their estate, their inclusion on this blog a result of my missionary zeal and to no profit for myself!

Tuesday 16 May 2023

The Ruins of Qalat Qadim


 Deep in the Arabian Desert lie the ruins of Qalat Qadim, once an important stopping off point on one of the Silk Roads across the forbidding and desolate desert. But with better routes being found to transport the silks and spices to Europe it fell on hard times and was eventually abandoned and left to the harsh sands and rocks of the desert. It still provides shelter to the occasional passing nomad whose fire can be seen within the crumbling walls of an outlying building....

...well that's what somebody told me once... or did I imagine it?

The fifth in my "Arabian Night" series it is loosely based on a Midjourney piece shown below in this post but really I have just used the basic architecture and placed it within the scene I had visualised earlier which is really focused on the sky. It is again based on a red/orange - green/blue colour complementary but kept fairly desaturated in line with how I am currently working.

Oil on linen 22" x 16".

There is a step-by-step progress through this painting in previous posts on this blog.

Midjourney


No comments:

Post a Comment