This is where my latest work can be seen including step-by-step progress reports, news and merchandising as well as features on artists, living and dead who I would like to draw people's attention to. Please note all my images are covered by International Copyright laws. Copyright to other artists images resides with the artist or their estate, their inclusion on this blog a result of my missionary zeal and to no profit for myself!

Wednesday 31 May 2023

Riddle of The Sands - stage 5


 I decided over breakfast coffee to have warm shadows and cold highlights so first I painted in more darks over the landscape and Sphinx using a Burnt Sienna/Dioxazine Purple/Phthalocyanine Blue mix and then tried out the cold highlights using desaturated mixes of the sky colours mixed with a bit of the original underpainting mix. I'm stopping now so that I can look at it with fresh eyes tomorrow morning and make final decisions on how to paint the rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment