This is where my latest work can be seen including step-by-step progress reports, news and merchandising as well as features on artists, living and dead who I would like to draw people's attention to. Please note all my images are covered by International Copyright laws. Copyright to other artists images resides with the artist or their estate, their inclusion on this blog a result of my missionary zeal and to no profit for myself!

Thursday 2 March 2023

Steeltown - stage 1

 


The next in my "The Sleeping City" series of paintings this one will show the contrast between the grubby industrial foreground and the sparking lights of the downtown city. Toying with the idea of a lone figure but I think I will keep it totally deserted. I'm going to give most of it a transparent blue wash first tomorrow and then start blocking in some opaque color. I felt that this painting would benefit from a larger format and hope to have some fun painting all the wet reflections in the foreground road.

This is the tonal underpainting stage using my usual mix of Burnt Sienna and Dioxazine Purple thinned with Liquin and applied with a rag and brush.

Oil on linen 22" x 16".

No comments:

Post a Comment