This is where my latest work can be seen including step-by-step progress reports, news and merchandising as well as features on artists, living and dead who I would like to draw people's attention to. Please note all my images are covered by International Copyright laws. Copyright to other artists images resides with the artist or their estate, their inclusion on this blog a result of my missionary zeal and to no profit for myself!

Monday 27 February 2023

The Somnambulist


 The fourth in my "The Sleeping City" series this one is set more on the edge of a city on those roads out that have all the gas stations and eateries along them with the large roadside signs. Under a shimmering moon a man walks along a strangely empty road with no cars where no lights can be seen but there are lit signs on the top of the distant skyscraper. Some orange light can be seen inside the nearest building, is it a fire? I have always enjoyed a mysterious feel to paintings and have tried to put that feeling into my work too, sort of dream/nightmare imagery. In dreams it's usually places you know but they are always somehow different, things missing or just unseen, to this end I am going to accentuate this in this series, I particularly like signs where there is no lettering or buildings with no signage on them.... that feeling of something is missing...

Oil on fine cotton 16" x 12".

There is a step-by-step progress through this painting in previous posts on this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment