This is where my latest work can be seen including step-by-step progress reports, news and merchandising as well as features on artists, living and dead who I would like to draw people's attention to. Please note all my images are covered by International Copyright laws. Copyright to other artists images resides with the artist or their estate, their inclusion on this blog a result of my missionary zeal and to no profit for myself!

Tuesday 7 March 2023

Steeltown


 The next in my "The Sleeping City" series, this one reminds me of when I lived in London in the 1970s when I couldn't afford a taxi and would walk home from a friends house late at night for an hour and a half (Forest Hill to Mitcham) through the streets of South London. There would be some bits through very deserted and unwelcoming areas like this (not so industrial) when my pace would quicken (and my heart) to pass through as quickly as possible.....

I wanted to contrast the light and colour between the blue moonlight and the warmer light on the building and tried to keep a nice design with two the lights in vertical strips in a Rule Of Thirds placing on the canvas. The painting is based on a desaturated blue/green - red/orange colour complementary.

I have worked out that this series could be described as Edward Hopper in Gotham City....

Oil on linen 22" x 16".

There is a step-by-step progress through this painting in previous posts on this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment