This is where my latest work can be seen including step-by-step progress reports, news and merchandising as well as features on artists, living and dead who I would like to draw people's attention to. Please note all my images are covered by International Copyright laws. Copyright to other artists images resides with the artist or their estate, their inclusion on this blog a result of my missionary zeal and to no profit for myself!

Wednesday 8 March 2023

Shortcut - stage 1


 Hmmmm... you could shave off ten minutes off your journey to get downtown if you go up that street off the main road.... perhaps not.

The next in my "The Sleeping City" series this is another about the contrast between the foreground poor neighborhood and the glitzy downtown in the distance. I enjoy painting run down abandoned buildings and potholed roads, much more interesting than pristine surfaces! Probably going to base it on a desaturated green/blue - red/orange colour complementary but with more yellow but I might change my mind over tomorrow's breakfast coffee. First it will get a wash of desaturated transparent green/blue which will be the first thing I do tomorrow.

This is the initial tonal underpainting stage using a mix of Burnt Sienna and Dioxazine Purple thinned with Liquin and applied with a rag and brush.

Oil on fine cotton 16" x 12".

No comments:

Post a Comment