This is where my latest work can be seen including step-by-step progress reports, news and merchandising as well as features on artists, living and dead who I would like to draw people's attention to. Please note all my images are covered by International Copyright laws. Copyright to other artists images resides with the artist or their estate, their inclusion on this blog a result of my missionary zeal and to no profit for myself!

Sunday 5 February 2023

Bar & Grill - stage 1


 This is the second in my "The Sleeping City" series and is another New York (although it could be any large American city?) rooftop picture but this time I am planning on using different colours to the last one. I struggled with the composition of this as I was planning on it showing a solitary neon sign above a shop/bar/whatever on the ground level as well as showing a rooftop view across the city - this proved impossible so I left it alone for a day and thought about it this morning over my breakfast coffee and decided to combine a neon sign further up the building with the rooftop view.

This is the initial tonal underpainting stage using my usual mix of Burnt Sienna and Dioxazine Purple thinned with Liquin and applied with a rag and flat brush.

Oil on fine cotton 16" x 12".

No comments:

Post a Comment