This is where my latest work can be seen including step-by-step progress reports, news and merchandising as well as features on artists, living and dead who I would like to draw people's attention to. Please note all my images are covered by International Copyright laws. Copyright to other artists images resides with the artist or their estate, their inclusion on this blog a result of my missionary zeal and to no profit for myself!

Tuesday 21 February 2023

Wrong Side Of The Tracks


 This is the third in my "The Sleeping City" series and the first in a few upcoming paintings that will be about pools of light within areas of shadow. Here we have a run down part of town with low rise buildings in the foreground behind which are the skyscrapers of the more affluent Downtown which is either separated from this side of town by a river or more in keeping with the title, railway tracks.

Based on a yellow/violet colour complementary with the violets fairly desaturated. As in all my paintings I want them to look like a painting and try and incorporate visible brushmarks and try to avoid the comments I used to get "it looks like a photograph". I 'm trying to walk that tricky line between realism and painterly...

Oil on fine cotton 16" x 12".

There is a step-by-step progress through this painting in previous posts on this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment