This is where my latest work can be seen including step-by-step progress reports, news and merchandising as well as features on artists, living and dead who I would like to draw people's attention to. Please note all my images are covered by International Copyright laws. Copyright to other artists images resides with the artist or their estate, their inclusion on this blog a result of my missionary zeal and to no profit for myself!

Saturday 8 October 2022

Rick's Cafe Americain - stage 7

 


Hmmm this seems to be quite a fiddly painting, for the number of hours it is taking to paint I will have to charge more than I normally do for this size.

I think I have worked out a way of doing the lettering so I have painted a transparent desaturated blue over it today ready for the first layer of white tomorrow. Otherwise I have been going over the painting refining things as well as putting in the brightly lit shopfronts. I decided to make it a bit dim inside Rick's with a suggestion of a woman sitting at a table by the entrance.

No comments:

Post a Comment