This is where my latest work can be seen including step-by-step progress reports, news and merchandising as well as features on artists, living and dead who I would like to draw people's attention to. Please note all my images are covered by International Copyright laws. Copyright to other artists images resides with the artist or their estate, their inclusion on this blog a result of my missionary zeal and to no profit for myself!

Monday 23 May 2022

Tera Kumo


 Apologies to Japanese speaking people the title is my clumsy approximate translation of "Cloud Temple" although I have also incorporated some Chinese landscape influences in this too. I quite like the idea of running everything off from the left using the trees to break up the lines. I usually try to find diagonals in landscapes as otherwise they can look lifeless and a bit boring due to all the horizontals and verticals. Most of my current work seems to be based on a moody muted landscape with a single light source somewhere in the picture... as in this one. I actually saw this one in my mind as quite a lot darker but once I had the moon in the sky I realised that I liked the soft glow it has and didn't want to f*** it up by painting it as I originally intended.

Oil on linen 22" x 16".

There is a step-by-step progress through this painting in previous posts on this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment