This is where my latest work can be seen including step-by-step progress reports, news and merchandising as well as features on artists, living and dead who I would like to draw people's attention to. Please note all my images are covered by International Copyright laws. Copyright to other artists images resides with the artist or their estate, their inclusion on this blog a result of my missionary zeal and to no profit for myself!

Tuesday 15 June 2021

The Hippogriff of Calton Hill sold


 A painting from 2008 has just sold through Asgard Arts. A group of eight artists including myself were given the use of a house in Edinburgh in which we all set up in different rooms, put our work up on the walls and then did daily demonstrations of how we worked to the public during the Edinburgh Festival for three weeks. It was put together by Cliff Wright who had painted some Harry Potter book covers and as Edinburgh has strong connections with the books and JK Rowling the exhibition was centred around his work for the books and the private collection of a collector of Harry Potter memorabilia (the collection had to be displayed in a huge perspex case for insurance purposes).

I actually haven't read the books or seen any of the films but I thought it was logical to paint something Harry Potter-related for the show. I went to stay there for a few days a couple of months before the show to collect reference and then painted this ready for the exhibition, a fantasy of a fantasy in a way as I have no idea if one of these creatures actually did this in the books...

Oil on mdf 18 1/2" x 18 1/2"

No comments:

Post a Comment