This is where my latest work can be seen including step-by-step progress reports, news and merchandising as well as features on artists, living and dead who I would like to draw people's attention to. Please note all my images are covered by International Copyright laws. Copyright to other artists images resides with the artist or their estate, their inclusion on this blog a result of my missionary zeal and to no profit for myself!

Friday 4 June 2021

The Gardens of Alqamar - stage 2


 First colour pass over the whole painting. I will need to make the dark tonal masses of the trees join together more to make some interesting shapes as the silhouettes will be very important fro the composition to this one. The final painting will be darker and moodier than here with much less contrast between the background mosque and the foreground.

I want a quiet composition for this one with the emphasis on verticals and horizontals, quite different to how I normally work when I am looking for diagonals to add some dynamism to the composition.

Colours used : Phthalocyanine Blue, Winsor Green, Emerald Green, Permanent Orange, Lemon Yellow and Zinc White.

No comments:

Post a Comment