This is where my latest work can be seen including step-by-step progress reports, news and merchandising as well as features on artists, living and dead who I would like to draw people's attention to. Please note all my images are covered by International Copyright laws. Copyright to other artists images resides with the artist or their estate, their inclusion on this blog a result of my missionary zeal and to no profit for myself!

Tuesday 13 April 2021

Royal Society of British Artists


 
Madurai

I am going to the private view of the Royal Society of British Artists annual exhibition on Wednesday 14 April at the Mall Galleries in London as I have three paintings accepted for the show. One of them, "Madurai" has already sold and it would be nice if I could sell another one but it's good to be in the exhibition if for no other reason than it's good for the CV!

"Madurai"was painted after a trip to the city in Tamil Nadu, India a few years ago and I wanted to try and get across something of the dusty chaos of an Indian city street. It was also a return to painting in square format on mdf, something I have not done in a number of years. Oil on mdf 18 1/2" x 18 1/2".

"Pier" is one of a series of Tonalist nocturnes of the Brighton/Hove seafront where I live. Oil on linen 20" x 16".

"General Store" is one of a series of paintings of American landscapes mainly in the South West called "The Big Sky". Oil on linen 30" x 20".

Pier


General Store



 

No comments:

Post a Comment