This is where my latest work can be seen including step-by-step progress reports, news and merchandising as well as features on artists, living and dead who I would like to draw people's attention to. Please note all my images are covered by International Copyright laws. Copyright to other artists images resides with the artist or their estate, their inclusion on this blog a result of my missionary zeal and to no profit for myself!

Saturday 24 April 2021

Haboob - stage 1


 Tonal underpainting for "Haboob" (Arabic for dust storm - a word I like the sound of). This was originally going to be a Vampires of Venice painting but I didn't feel moved enough to paint it and and as so often happens, over my breakfast coffee yesterday I changed direction and realised that the lighting situation I have in mind would suit a desert dust storm much more. This will be a possible painting for my slot next month on Every Day Original, but got to see how it turns out first!

I used some slightly different colours for this tonal underpainting as I think they will better suit the colours that I intend to paint over the top. They were: Burnt Umber, Transparent Oxide Brown and Winsor Violet mixed as usual with Liquin.

Oil on linen 16" x 12".

No comments:

Post a Comment