This is where my latest work can be seen including step-by-step progress reports, news and merchandising as well as features on artists, living and dead who I would like to draw people's attention to. Please note all my images are covered by International Copyright laws. Copyright to other artists images resides with the artist or their estate, their inclusion on this blog a result of my missionary zeal and to no profit for myself!

Sunday 7 March 2021

The Vampire of San Antonio


 This one combines two themes of mine, The Magic Light series and the Vampires of Venice series. The single bright light source continues in the Magic Light theme but instead of painting this in monochrome as in the earlier ones in the Vampies of Venice series I have opted to paint it in full colour although in a limited palette based around red. I am tempted to paint another but this time the Vampire will be harder to see within the composition - I don't know yet as I was planning to do another Orientalist picture but within the Magic Light theme. I am also wondering if the possible more obscured vampire picture would be better servrd in a rectangular format in which case I will paint it on linen. Either way I will choose from these paintings which one to go onto my Every Day Original slot coming up on 28 March.

I chose a composition based on verticals to emphasise the quiet atmosphere that anybody who has walked around Venice at night will hopefully recognise.

I am not totally sure exactly where this is in Venice but I know that the small shrine in the wall next to the vampire is dedicated to San Antonio so that becomes the title. I may have been a bit too subtle about it but there is no shadow on the ground from the vampire unlike the bollard to the right.

Oil on mdf 12" x 12".

There is a progress through this painting including what colours I used in previous posts on this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment