This is where my latest work can be seen including step-by-step progress reports, news and merchandising as well as features on artists, living and dead who I would like to draw people's attention to. Please note all my images are covered by International Copyright laws. Copyright to other artists images resides with the artist or their estate, their inclusion on this blog a result of my missionary zeal and to no profit for myself!

Monday 29 March 2021

King Alfred's


 A title that will only make sense to residents of Brighton and Hove where I live! King Alfred's is a part of Hove seafront, parts of which like here is quite run down and ripe for development, Pink Floyd's David Gilmour has just built an amazing house on the seafront very nearby. I actually like run down English seafronts and remember when I first moved here in 1986 how I enjoyed walking along it particularly off season and in some ways regret the developments and improvements carried out over the years!

This painting was about the reflection of the night sky in the foreground puddle and while I am generally happy with it I still don't think I've got it right yet so the next painting may or may not be another reflection-based picture, haven't decided yet.

Based on a violet/yellow colour complementary, oil on MDF 12" x 12".

There is a short progress through this painting including the colours I used in previous posts on this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment