This is where my latest work can be seen including step-by-step progress reports, news and merchandising as well as features on artists, living and dead who I would like to draw people's attention to. Please note all my images are covered by International Copyright laws. Copyright to other artists images resides with the artist or their estate, their inclusion on this blog a result of my missionary zeal and to no profit for myself!

Tuesday 2 March 2021

Mesa Light


 The fifth in the Magic Light series this is another with a mysterious light source within a landscape, this time The Arches National Park in Utah. Based on a blue/orange complementary with the colours kept subdued apart from the sky which I guess is a nod to Maxfield Parrish who himself did a series of paintings of the American South West whilst recuperating from an illness.  I like this Magic Light theme and I can see that there is quite a lot of scope within this simple idea of an exaggerated or unusual light source in different settings.


Oil on mdf 12" x 12".

There is a progress through this painting including what colours I used in previous posts on this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment