This is where my latest work can be seen including step-by-step progress reports, news and merchandising as well as features on artists, living and dead who I would like to draw people's attention to. Please note all my images are covered by International Copyright laws. Copyright to other artists images resides with the artist or their estate, their inclusion on this blog a result of my missionary zeal and to no profit for myself!

Saturday 18 January 2020

Shadowland - stage 4

I have started to paint in the sky with opaque colours but trying not to make it too dark as the landscape is in shadow and the best way of showing that is to set it against a bright sky. I used a mix of Phthalocyanine Blue. Manganese Blue, Zinc White and Warm White for the blue of the sky and then added some Ultramarine Violet and Burnt Sienna for the shadow colour - the base of a cloud will reflect some of the colour of the land especially if it's base is nearer to the ground.
I then ran a glaze of Ultramarine Violet and Burnt Sienna over the landscape and worked into it with darks and rubbing it away for the highlights.
I will put in the sunlit background mountains tomorrow as well as the sliver of sunlit landscape at the base of the mountain at left.

No comments:

Post a Comment