This is where my latest work can be seen including step-by-step progress reports, news and merchandising as well as features on artists, living and dead who I would like to draw people's attention to. Please note all my images are covered by International Copyright laws. Copyright to other artists images resides with the artist or their estate, their inclusion on this blog a result of my missionary zeal and to no profit for myself!

Wednesday 29 January 2020

Infected By Art

I am pleased to see that I have had a painting accepted to be included in Infected By Art Volume 8. I think I've managed to get at least one piece in for the last five years or so...
The jurors chose "Long Way From Home", one of my rusting spaceship paintings from last year. This one is unusual in several ways, first there actually isn't that much SF work in IBA I would say that it's mostly Fantasy in some way. Secondly the rusting spaceship series I did last year is highly unusual for me as I hadn't previously done an SF piece since I was painting book jacket illustrations in the 80s and 90s. The painting itself is a bit Old School and could have been painted in the 70s even but I went with the idea that came along of painting it as though it was real and happening now. The spaceship looks like it's been travelling for a millennia before it got to Earth (or has it been flying around for many years in our atmosphere and started rusting up?) and flies half hidden by cloud, below a city full of humans getting on with their little lives oblivious to the enormity of beings from another planet flying around above them. Of course the spaceship could have been travelling for thousands of Earth Years and all the occupants have died and is just running on autopilot....

Oil on linen 20" x 16".

No comments:

Post a Comment