This is where my latest work can be seen including step-by-step progress reports, news and merchandising as well as features on artists, living and dead who I would like to draw people's attention to. Please note all my images are covered by International Copyright laws. Copyright to other artists images resides with the artist or their estate, their inclusion on this blog a result of my missionary zeal and to no profit for myself!

Wednesday 8 January 2020

Desert Daybreak - stage 1

While I finish "Valdez" I am getting on with this one as I have to wait for each glaze to dry before I can do the next one and working on two at once is more efficient use of time! As I have been using glazes recently I have gravitated towards the work of Maxfield Parrish who used them a lot which is how he achieved the luminous colour that his work is known for. So moving on from using a uniform monochrome across the picture this one will be a combination of a virtually monochrome foreground set against a luminous dawn sky, the title giving a nod to a famous Maxfield Parrish painting - actually he did paint a series of South West American desert pictures quite early on in his career when he went there for health reasons.
I used Lemon Yellow for the sky and a mix of Burnt Sienna, Winsor Violet and Ultramarine Violet thinned with Liquin for the landscape.
Oil on linen 20" x 16".

No comments:

Post a Comment