This is where my latest work can be seen including step-by-step progress reports, news and merchandising as well as features on artists, living and dead who I would like to draw people's attention to. Please note all my images are covered by International Copyright laws. Copyright to other artists images resides with the artist or their estate, their inclusion on this blog a result of my missionary zeal and to no profit for myself!

Saturday 5 October 2019

The Girl With Her Head In The Clouds - stage 1

While "Luna" is drying I have got on with another small figurative painting, "The Girl With Her Head In The Clouds". This will be a very limited palette, virtually monochromatic tonal picture and am hoping it turns out well enough to take to IX in a few weeks' time.
The title btw is no reflection to the mental state of the lovely Ruth that modelled for it!
This is the first tonal underpainting stage for which I used a small bristle brush and a rag with a mix of Burnt Sienna and Winsor Violet thinned with Liquin.
Oil on linen 16" x 12".

No comments:

Post a Comment