This is where my latest work can be seen including step-by-step progress reports, news and merchandising as well as features on artists, living and dead who I would like to draw people's attention to. Please note all my images are covered by International Copyright laws. Copyright to other artists images resides with the artist or their estate, their inclusion on this blog a result of my missionary zeal and to no profit for myself!

Sunday 6 October 2019

Luna


This was going to be mainly a sky painting then I introduced a figure and decided to do it as a nocturne with the Moon and then realised the tondo format suggested the shape of the Moon itself so I eventually changed the idea to having the clouds echo the shapes of the dark areas on the Moon to give it an extra dimension. I have painted it in such a way that the way the tones work to suggest the spherical shape, indeed it kind of looks like a glass marble!
I kept the colours very subtle based on a red/orange - blue/green complementary but quite desaturated and didn't want the figure to be too distinct from the sky background.
The lovely Naomi Wood was my model, the reference photo coming from a previous session for a vampire painting.
I will probably be bringing this along to IX in a few weeks time as part of a number of small paintings to hang alongside some quite large ones.
12" diameter oil on canvas.
There is a short step-by-step progress through this painting in previous posts on this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment