This is where my latest work can be seen including step-by-step progress reports, news and merchandising as well as features on artists, living and dead who I would like to draw people's attention to. Please note all my images are covered by International Copyright laws. Copyright to other artists images resides with the artist or their estate, their inclusion on this blog a result of my missionary zeal and to no profit for myself!

Saturday 19 October 2019

Mehtap

Mehtap is Turkish for Moonlight although I think it has other connotations as well. This is the last painting finished that I am taking to IX although at the rate things are going this and another small one that I am bringing over in my hand luggage could be my whole show. The three boxes of paintings that I sent ahead by FedEx on Tuesday are still stuck in Customs as I write this on Saturday and as it's the weekend nothing will be done about it until Monday when I am already in the USA. Fedex have all the paperwork now I think so desperately hoping they get cleared on Monday...
I wanted to keep this all blues pretty much but mixed the colours out of a blue/green - red/orange complementary so there some variations of colour. It's nice to go back to an Orientalist picture every so often but when I get back from the USA I will probably start again on my Roadside Apocalypse paintings including starting to approach some US galleries with them...
Oil on linen 16" x 12".
There is a short step-by-step progress through this painting in previous posts on this blog.

1 comment: