This is where my latest work can be seen including step-by-step progress reports, news and merchandising as well as features on artists, living and dead who I would like to draw people's attention to. Please note all my images are covered by International Copyright laws. Copyright to other artists images resides with the artist or their estate, their inclusion on this blog a result of my missionary zeal and to no profit for myself!

Monday 14 January 2019

While The City Sleeps

This is a follow-on picture from the last and have used much the same colours but made it more like it is lit by the light of a full moon. It's Venice of course, an old favourite that I have painted many nocturnes of over the years. I'm getting happier with the look of what I'm painting now, I want them to look like a painting not a photograph and have been trying to follow the mantras stuck to my easel as I have gone along (see previous posts about the mantras!).
I painted in all the colour and finished it in one day, yesterday, as I didn't want to overwork it.
The title actually refers to a short movie I shot in Venice a few years ago, a bit Don't Look Now using the dimly lit alleys and bridges as the settings. Venice at night actually looks like a stage set anyway and highly recommend a walk around Venice at night particularly away from the San Marco areas.
I have one more painting to do following on from this one and then I guess it's time to think about the big commission!
Oil on linen 16" x 12".

No comments:

Post a Comment