This is where my latest work can be seen including step-by-step progress reports, news and merchandising as well as features on artists, living and dead who I would like to draw people's attention to. Please note all my images are covered by International Copyright laws. Copyright to other artists images resides with the artist or their estate, their inclusion on this blog a result of my missionary zeal and to no profit for myself!

Wednesday 16 January 2019

Pulborough - stage 1

Still waiting for "Full Moon Over Cuckmere Haven" to dry before I can scan and post it so I am getting on with the next one, "Pulborough". It's time to come into the daylight now after these recent nocturnes although it will be a moody daylight...This is probably the last of this series of small paintings trying things out and feel I need to do a daylight painting bearing in mind what I've learnt and to make sure I keep to the mantras (see previous posts about them!).
The location is a house near the village of Pulborough in West Sussex.
This the first stage of the tonal underpainting, I will put in the sky and go over the rest with another layer of the Burnt Sienna/Winsor Violet thinned with Liquin mix tomorrow morning and then hope to paint the whole picture on Friday.
Oil on linen 16" x 12".

No comments:

Post a Comment