This is where my latest work can be seen including step-by-step progress reports, news and merchandising as well as features on artists, living and dead who I would like to draw people's attention to. Please note all my images are covered by International Copyright laws. Copyright to other artists images resides with the artist or their estate, their inclusion on this blog a result of my missionary zeal and to no profit for myself!

Tuesday 8 January 2019

Unleaded

Gradually narrowing it down to what I'm looking for in terms of tweaking what I do and how I do it, "Unleaded" is now finished after a last minute darker glaze on the sky. I'm trying to give my paintings a Look that has the identity of a painting by Mark Harrison. There are zillions of artists out there all trying to sell to a limited number of buyers and as I make my living from this I need to produce work that sticks out from the crowd and says "buy me!" I have just about worked out the things I like to paint and how I can incorporate my interests in colour, design and atmosphere into a better version of my style so far. This one is trying out some bold colour shapes particularly with red a colour that I love to see in paintings and pushing the atmosphere with the subdued lighting. I have tried to give it the light of early dusk, an abandoned petrol station somewhere in the South West of the USA with three/four areas of red linking to the pink clouds, the colours of the painting based on a red/green near complementary. I'm not quite producing what I'm looking for bearing in mind the mantras stuck to my easel (see previous posts) but I'm getting there.
Oil on linen 16" x 12".
There is a short step-by-step progress through this painting in previous posts on this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment