This is where my latest work can be seen including step-by-step progress reports, news and merchandising as well as features on artists, living and dead who I would like to draw people's attention to. Please note all my images are covered by International Copyright laws. Copyright to other artists images resides with the artist or their estate, their inclusion on this blog a result of my missionary zeal and to no profit for myself!

Sunday 20 December 2015

Field Of Dreams - stages 1 to 3

After finishing the quite fiddly private commission and as it's not many days before I go away for Christmas I decided to paint something small and relatively simple. It was originally going to be a pure landscape painting but it somehow changed into a more figurative piece based on a photo session with the lovely Naomi Wood. Now that I have put in the colour underpainting using oranges and reds I have decided to go in this direction with colours that are a lot warmer than I originally envisaged. The sky will have a fair amount of sunset-lit clouds and I hope to keep the painting moody but with a strong colour design.
Stage one was "drawn" up with a small bristle brush using a mix of Burnt Sienna and Winsor Violet thinned with Liqiun and turpentine.
Stage two has a Zinc White/Manganese Violet mix in the sky with some Permanent Orange/Manganese Violet on the land and figure.
Stage three is beginning to establish where the painting is going particularly in terms of colour.


No comments:

Post a Comment