This is where my latest work can be seen including step-by-step progress reports, news and merchandising as well as features on artists, living and dead who I would like to draw people's attention to. Please note all my images are covered by International Copyright laws. Copyright to other artists images resides with the artist or their estate, their inclusion on this blog a result of my missionary zeal and to no profit for myself!

Tuesday 26 April 2022

The Rain Temple of Iro Ki - stage 3

 


I have it ready now to paint in the foreground trees tomorrow. I toned down the moon and the brightness of the waterfall so that the lights in the temple are the lightest part of the picture. My choice of a yellow/violet colour complementary will be more apparent tomorrow when I paint in the yellow into the windows. I also broke up the background mountainside with some wisps of cloud.

I never use black in all my paintings, I make up "blacks" from combinations of colours like Winsor Violet and Permanent Sap Green in this case. Sometimes I want a warm "black' and other times I want a cold "black", it all depends on the overall colour temperature of the painting.

No comments:

Post a Comment