This is where my latest work can be seen including step-by-step progress reports, news and merchandising as well as features on artists, living and dead who I would like to draw people's attention to. Please note all my images are covered by International Copyright laws. Copyright to other artists images resides with the artist or their estate, their inclusion on this blog a result of my missionary zeal and to no profit for myself!

Friday 10 January 2020

Valdez

Another in my series of American landscape paintings "The Big Sky" the location for this is Valdez in Alaska with the wonderfully named Ammunition Island in the middle distance. I am starting to introduce more saturated colour into these monochromes, this one having some glazes of Prussian Blue and Winsor Green straight out of the tube. I'm not sure about this one, maybe a brave failure, not sure. Sometimes one is too close to one's own work to see if things are working or not, I was trying to get the glow that comes from this kind of sky...
Colours used were Prussian Blue, Winsor Green and Permanent Orange on a light green acrylic ground.
20" x 16" oil on linen.

No comments:

Post a Comment