This is where my latest work can be seen including step-by-step progress reports, news and merchandising as well as features on artists, living and dead who I would like to draw people's attention to. Please note all my images are covered by International Copyright laws. Copyright to other artists images resides with the artist or their estate, their inclusion on this blog a result of my missionary zeal and to no profit for myself!

Friday 10 January 2020

Desert Daybreak - stage 3

Although the foreground will be basically monochrome I am putting in more Burnt Sienna into the mix as it nears the butte and horizon. This is for two reasons, one is that it incorporates more of the natural colour of the sandstone mesas and buttes and secondly I want it to get nearer to the complementary of the sky so that it's red/orange against green/blue - this will make each colour stronger.
Still based around Burnt Sienna/Winsor Violet for the landscape and the sky has had a glaze of Manganese Blue/Ultramarine Blue/ Permanent Orange thinned with Liquin.

No comments:

Post a Comment