This is where my latest work can be seen including step-by-step progress reports, news and merchandising as well as features on artists, living and dead who I would like to draw people's attention to. Please note all my images are covered by International Copyright laws. Copyright to other artists images resides with the artist or their estate, their inclusion on this blog a result of my missionary zeal and to no profit for myself!

Wednesday 4 December 2019

Navajo - stage 3

I can't see much point in showing the first couple of stages so we'll start here! There are a few things that I still haven't sorted out in the other two urban monochromes so I thought that I would try this look with a few landscapes to be going on with. I have ended up doing quite a "picturesque" painting which I've gone along with even though I wanted something less specific as this one is just trying out the look, which is dark, soft and moody. As with the other two the whole thing is painted in glazes of a mix of Burnt Sienna and Winsor Violet thinned with Liquin.
The location is Monument Valley in Arizona/Utah.

No comments:

Post a Comment